8 bathing tips
- Learn to swim and jump into the water
- Never swim alone
- Bath only where permitted
- Do not go further into the water than to your belly button
- Don’t dive or jump headfirst
- Swim along the coast
- Never swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Leave water when feeling cold.
You are not allowed to bath in the following places:
- In harbours, close to piers, breakwaters or fishermen fishing stakes
- In bogs and ponds – here, the water is almost always quiet, and can be very cold just below the surface
- In lakes and streams with aquatic plants
- All places where bathing is officially prohibited.
Please download the mini poster below with the Danish bathing tips – available in Danish, English and German.